Problem: Network Analyst: Exporting stops to a shapefile does not transfer time window data
When stops are exported from a network analysis layer to a shapefile, the time portion of the StartTimeWindow and EndTimeWindow fields is not transferred.
Shapefile date fields do not support time data. The time portion of the date/time field is not transferred to the shapefile during export.
Solution or Workaround
Copy the time window information from the Date fields to string fields prior to exporting the stop feature class to a shapefile. By doing so, the export will move the time information to the shapefile appropriately. To accomplish this task, do the following in ArcMap:
- Right-click on the network analysis layer's stops feature layer in the table of contents and select Open Attribute Table.
- In the attribute table for the stops, select Options > Add Field and add two string fields named 'TWStart' and 'TWEnd'.
- Right-click on the column named TWStart and select Calculate Values.
- Set the value for TWStart to be [TimeWindowStart].
- Right-click on the column named TWEnd and select Calculate Values.
- Set the value for TWEnd to be [TimeWindowEnd].
- Close the attribute table for the stops layer.
- Right-click on the stops feature layer in the table of contents and select Properties.
- Select the Fields tab and uncheck the visibility for the TimeWindowStart and TimeWindowEnd Fields. Click OK.
- Right-click on the stops feature layer in the table of contents and select Data > Export Data and export the stops to a feature class.