How To: Change the Label and Description of the geocoding input boxes in the HTML viewer
This article describes how to change the labels and descriptions for the geocoding input boxes in the HTML viewer. These text fields are generated dynamically by a function in the HTML viewer that parses the response sent from ArcIMS.
The content of these text fields is dependent on the type of address style used in the map service. For example, if the US Address with Zone style was defined for a particular map service, then the labels that are returned for the input boxes would be:
- Street: street number, street name and type
- Zone: zone information
The following procedure assumes that an Image service has been created from an AXL file using the USAddressZ geocoding style.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following directory:
- Make a backup copy of USAddressZ.stl.
- Open USAddressZ.stl in a text editor.
- Edit the following lines of code:
<TAG id="ZONE" label="Zone" width="5" type="text" description="zone information" />change to....
<TAG id="ZONE" label="Zip Code" width="5" type="text" description="US Zip Code"
- Save and close the file.
- Perform steps 2-5 on the same file located in:
- Restart the IMS Windows services in order for these changes to get registered.
- Open the Services window.
- To stop the ArcIMS services, select the ArcIMS service in the list and click Stop in the toolbar.
Warning: Always stop the services in the following order, to avoid possible corruption of the configuration files: 1. ArcIMS Tasker 2. ArcIMS Monitor 3. ArcIMS Application Server
- To start the ArcIMS services, select the ArcIMS service in the list and click the Start in the toolbar.
Warning: Always start the services in the following order, to avoid possible corruption of the configuration files: 1. ArcIMS Application Server 2. ArcIMS Monitor 3. ArcIMS Tasker
- Open an HTML viewer based on the geocoded map service, select the Geocode tool. The new label changes appear in the geocoding dialog box.