Error: Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected
While installing ArcGIS, the following error can occur and can cause a rollback of the installation:
"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
There are several causes for this problem.
Solution or Workaround
The following is a list of the most common solutions to this problem:
- Verify that the person installing has administrative rights on the computer.
- If this error is occuring during the installation of the ArcWeb Toolbar, see the steps in the Related Article on the 1722 error listed below:
<a href='http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/26799' target='_blank'>Error: 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package</a>
- Manually register atl.dll, as documented in the Related Article on error 1904 listed below:
<a href='http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/26816' target='_blank'>Error: Error 1904: Failed To Register AoInitializer.dll</a>
- It is likely that the DVD may be scratched and the computer is not able to read it during setup. However, the files may still be readable during a copy. Copy the contents of the installation media to a local folder and run the setup from there.
- The User Account Control feature in Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 has been known to cause error 1722. To work around this issue, temporarily disable the User Account Control feature per the following Microsoft document:
Windows Help and How to: Turn User Account Control on or off
- If none of the above steps help, contact ESRI Support to troubleshoot the issue.
Call us toll-free 1-888-377-4575 or fill out the Support Request form online.
- 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package
- Error 1904: Failed To Register AoInitializer.dll