Bug: Cannot find .NET addins after running RegisterDotNetAddins.bat file
The ESRI developer addins for Visual Studio .NET appear under the Tools menu after running the RegisterDotNetAddins.bat file. The addins should also be listed in the Addin Manager dialog box, also found under the Tools menu. If the ESRI addins cannot be found, re-register the addins to the specific Visual Studio .NET version. ArcGIS 9.0 supports Visual Studio .NET 2003.
The ArcGIS 9.1 installation will register the addins specifically to Visual Studio .NET 2003.
The addin registration utility registers the addins to the supported version of Visual Studio by default. For example, if the installed version of Visual Studio is unsupported, the addins will not show up in Visual Studio .NET.
An installation of Visual Studio Express may also be the cause.
Change the RegisterDotNetAddin.bat file to specifically register the addins to the supported version by using the /version argument.
- Verify no Visual Studio .NET session is open.
- Open the RegisterDotNetAddin.bat file, using Notepad or other text editor, located in the C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\DeveloperKit\Addins\ directory.
- Change the contents of this file to register the addins to the supported version of Visual Studio .NET.
esriRegDotNetAddIn.exe /all /version:7.1
- Save the RegisterDotNetAddin.bat file.
- Close the editor.
- Double-click the RegisterDotNetAddin.bat file in Windows Explorer to register the addins.
- Open Visual Studio .NET. The addins are now available.