Error: A system error has occurred. Error Details: "393602:SPRequestConnectFailed".
When using the DDE tool in an HTML Viewer to send a translation request, the following error gets returned:
A system error has occurred.
Error Details: "393602:SPRequestConnectFailed".
This results from the DDE servlet (translationServlet) not being able to connect to the Data Delivery extension (DDE) processes necessary for the translation. This can result if DDE is not started or the translationServlet parameters are pointing to the wrong host for DDE.
Solution or Workaround
Select an option below.
- Verify that the Data Delivery service is enabled.
1. Shut down DDE to stop any processes that may be running by navigating to Start > Program > DDE > Stop DDE.
2. Start DDE by navigating to Start > Programs > DDE > Start DDE.
A console window appears and should scroll no longer than 30 seconds.
If the console does not stop scrolling, close it and try rebooting the machine to stop any conflicting processes.
3. Attempt to start DDE again when the server has started.
If the console does not stop scrolling after 30 seconds, check that a valid DDE license is available or examine the log files, located in <DDE_Dir>\logs for any further errors.
- Verify that the hostname in the parameters of the DDE servlet properties file (web.xml) is correct.
Find the file in the servlet engine's servlet directory. For example,
- <ServletExec_Dir>\ServletExec Data\default\DDE\WAR\WEB-INF\web.xml
If the hostname appears to be correct, attempt the following:
1. Find and replace all instances of the machine name in this file with the public URL or IP address.
2. Save and close the file.
3. Restart the servlet engine.
4. Attempt a translation request.