How To: Evaluate extensions for ArcGIS Concurrent Use ArcView, ArcEditor and ArcInfo
Instructions provided describe how to evaluate extensions for ArcGIS Concurrent Use ArcView, ArcEditor and ArcInfo. ArcGIS extensions can be found on the same CD as the product itself. Users of ArcView, ArcEditor and ArcInfo Concurrent Use can evaluate the following extensions:
· Spatial Analyst
· Geostatistical Analyst
· Tracking Analyst
· Survey Analyst
· Data Interoperability
For information on extensions not found on this list, contact ESRI Customer Service.
Some ArcGIS Desktop Extensions are now included free, depending on which product, ArcView, ArcEditor or ArcInfo, is licensed. See the link in the Related Information section below for more information on ArcGIS Desktop Extension Consolidation.
Selecting the 'Complete' option during the software installation installs all of the above extensions. The 'Typical' installation option only installs the core ArcGIS Desktop functionality and does not include any extensions. The 'Custom' option allows the user to select which features get installed, including extensions.
Follow the steps below that are consistent with the licensing format used for the core ArcGIS 9.x application; for example, Single Use or Concurrent Use.
Prior to beginning either procedure launch a Web browser and visit ESRI Customer Service. If an ESRI Global Account is accessible, log in first to save time.
- Single Use (Fixed) Users:
1. Click the Product Registration tab.
2. Select the product used to evaluate Data Interoperability; for example, ArcView or ArcEditor.
3. Select the appropriate version and click Next.
4. Enter the required information and click Next.
5. Enter the registration number used to register ArcView or ArcEditor Single Use and the operating system. Click Next.
6. Do not enter anything in the Product Registration (Extension) screen. Click Next.
7. Click the check box for Data Interoperability. Click Next.
8. Verify the information and click Submit.
An e-mail with an authorization file is then issued. Use the registration wizard found in Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator > Register Single Use and Extensions to register the evaluation. Select the option 'I have already received an authorization file...' Alternatively, open the registration wizard to register an evaluation.
- Concurrent Use (Floating) Users:
1. Click the 'Contact Customer Service' link in the lower left pane.
2. Click 'I have a general question or recommendation for Customer Service'.
3. In the 'details' section, provide the following information:a. Name
b. Customer number
c. E-mail address or phone number
d. Desire to evaluate a floating seat of Data Interoperability
e. Hardware key (dongle) number where the current license manager is running f. License server hostname of the current license manager server
An e-mail with the license file is then issued. Once the updated license file is received, use the Update License tool in Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager 9.x > Update License to add Data Interoperability to the license files.
- ESRI Customer Service
- Evaluate extensions for ArcGIS Single Use ArcView and ArcEditor
- Which extensions are included in ArcGIS at 9.1?