How To: Create mailing labels with Crystal Reports
Instructions provided describe the procedure for creating mailing labels using Crystal Reports 9.0 and 11.0.
Before beginning, create a new personal geodatabase with the desired records in a new feature class. Once completed, follow the steps below:
- Start Crystal Reports.
- In Crytal Reports 9.0 create a New Crystal Report Document, using the Report Wizard and click OK.
In Crystal Reports 11.0 create a new Mailing Label Report from the File > New menu and proceed to step 4.
- On the Crystal Reports for ESRI Gallery dialog box, select Mail Label and click OK.
- Select 'Create New Connection' in the Mailing Labels Report Creation Wizard dialog box.
- Select the Access/Excel(DAO) connection.
- Navigate to the personal geodatabase that was created at the begining of this article and click Finish.
- Select the table, which is the name of the feature class. Click the arrow to add the table to the selected table list and click Next.
- Select the fields that compose the address and use the arrow to add the fields to the selected fields list and click Next.
- Set up the mailing label and click Finish.
In the design mode, the order of the fields and their placements can be altered.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000007348
Software: ArcGIS-ArcEditor 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 8.3 ArcGIS-ArcInfo 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 8.3 ArcGIS-ArcView 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 8.3