How To: Change the size and reference scale for existing annotation
Instructions provided describe how to change the reference scale and size for existing annotation.
The reference scale cannot be changed if any of the following conditions are true:
- There is an active editing session
- ArcMap is open when trying to change the reference scale in ArcCatalog
- The annotation is registered as versioned
Follow the steps below.
- In ArcCatalog,open the properties for the annotation feature class.
- Click the Annotation Properties tab.
- Click the Change reference scale button and enter in a more appropriate reference scale, such as 1:97500.
- Add the annotation feature into ArcMap.
- In ArcToolbox, use the Update Annotation Feature Class tool in ArcToolbox > Data Management Tools > Feature Class.
- Add the annotation to ArcMap and start an edit session.
- Use the Annotation Edit tool to select all the annotation, then right-click and select Attributes.
- Change the font size for each.
- Save the edits.