Bug: ArcView 9.0 evaluation does not register or appears to be unregistered
After completing the ArcView 9 evaluation registration process, re-entering the registration wizard and evaluating extensions unregisters the ArcView 9.0 evaluation software.
When the core ArcView 9.0 evaluation software and its extensions are not registered simultaneously, the process does not complete successfully.
- Search the hard drives, for example C:\ and D:\, , for *FX.lic files. There should be one for ArcView, ViewerFX.lic, and separate files for each extension.
- Move all these files to C:\Program Files\ESRI\License\SingleUser. ViewerFX.lic may already be in this directory.
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
- Start the Registry Editor by navigating to Start > Run, type regedit and click OK.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ESRI\License.
- Double-click the LICENSE_PATH string.
- In the Edit String dialog box, enter the following as the Value Data:
- Click OK, and exit the Registry Editor.