How To: Install Military Analyst 1.0 with ArcGIS 9.0
Instructions provided describe how to install Military Analyst 1.0 with ArcGIS 9.0
Follow the steps below. Please note:
If the Military Analyst 1.0 update for ArcGIS 9.0 has been installed, proceed no further.
- Uninstall Military Analyst 1.0 if necessary, following the steps below for the appropriate operating system.
For Windows 2000:1. Click the Start button.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Control Panel.
4. Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon.
5. Select the ArcGIS Military Analyst application from the program list.
6. Click the Change/Remove button to uninstall.
For Windows XP:1. Click the Start button.
2. Click Control Panel.
3. Double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
4. Select the ArcGIS Military Analyst application from the program list.
5. Click the Remove button to uninstall.
- Install ArcGIS 9.0 Service Pack 1, if it is not already installed, by way of the Related Information section below. This is necessary for the modeless dialogs in Military Analyst to display. A registry key can be added to address this issue if Service Pack 1 must not be installed. See the technical article "Using modeless Visual Basic dialogs in ArcGIS" in the Related Information section of this article for more information.
- Download ma1install.zip by way of the Related Information section below. Extract all of the files to a folder.
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the directory where the files in ma1install.zip were extracted.
- Double-click Setup.exe to run the installation.