How To: Texture a 3D line in ArcScene
Instructions provided describe how to texture a line feature in ArcScene.
Follow the steps below. For further information, please see the ArcGIS Desktop Help topics regarding 3D Symbology from the Contents tab > Extensions > 3D Analyst.
- Right-click on the layer and open up the Layer Properties Dialog.
- Click on the Symbology tab.
- Click on the symbol to open up the Symbol Selector.
- Click on 'More Symbols' and make sure 3D Basic is checked.
- Change the Category to Texture Line.
- Select the desired symbol.
- Click on Properties.
- Check Vertical Orientation if this line represents a feature such as a fence or wall.
- Set the desired Width. If this is to be a vertical feature such as a fence, then Width will represent Height if Vertical Orientation is checked. The Width is in the units specified in the top right corner of the dialog next to World Units.
- Click OK to close all dialog boxes.