Problem: Error getting list of Object IDs returned when opening the attribute table of joined data
When opening the attribute table of a feature class joined to another feature class or table, the following error message is returned.
Error: Error getting list of Object IDs
There are two possible causes:
- The spatial index of the feature class being joined to is corrupt.
- The tables participating in the join do not have primary keys defined.
Solution or Workaround
There are two possible solutions.
- If the data is in a shapefile, use the ShapeFile Repairer to build a new spatial index. This script can be found in the Related Information section below.
Note: For the ShapeFile Repairer utility to work correctly, ensure the language setting of the computer matches the language used to create the shapefile.
- Using ArcCatalog, right-click the layer and select Properties.
- Select the Indexes tab.
- Delete the spatial index and create a new one.
- Using the native software of the tables (Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, ArcInfo), verify that the Primary Key is defined. If not, add one.