Bug: Export/Import to Geodatabase ignores spatial index grid
Spatial data loaded into an ArcSDE geodatabase does not reflect its original spatial index grid size.
ArcCatalog does not automatically populate the spatial grid size when importing or exporting data.
The spatial grid index must be defined in the Import Wizard during the loading process.
- Select an active ArcSDE geodatabase connection.
- Select the ArcSDE dataset, if applicable, for loading data into. Right-click and select Import Feature Class (single).
- Define the Input Feature by browsing to the data location and select appropriate data.
- Define the Output Feature Class Name by entering a new feature class name.
- Define the First Spatial Grid (optional) size by entering the original spatial grid size of the data being imported.
- Click OK.
Last Published : 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000007086
Software: ArcGIS-ArcInfo 9.1, 9.0