Error: Warning: stream Length incorrect
Opening ArcMap 9.0 PDF files in some applications, especially for the purpose of merging, produces an error or does not display the entire image stored in the PDF.
The PDF was created with the option Compress Vector Graphics turned ON. This is a known problem with ArcGIS 9.0.
Solution or Workaround
Turn Compress Vector Graphics to OFF and re-export the map.
- Click File / Export Map.
- Click Save as type drop down and select PDF (*.pdf).
- If the Options are not visible at the bottom, click the arrow button.
- Click the Format tab.
- Click Compress Vector Graphics checkbox off.
- Click Save to proceed with export.
- Exported PDF files cannot be merged or inserted using third-party applications
- Select the appropriate ArcMap PDF settings in ArcGIS Desktop 9.0 so that the output is the same or similar to ArcGIS 8.3