Error: [WRN0401] ArcIMS is not authorized on one or more machines. Keycode required to unlock software
When launching the ArcIMS Administrator application, a popup window with the following warning appears:
"[WRN0401] ArcIMS is not authorized on one or more machines. Keycode required to unlock software"
The authorization file for the ArcIMS Spatial Server has timed out, or does not exist.
Solution or Workaround
To verify if a valid license for ArcIMS Spatial Server is present, or to determine if the license has expired, follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to:
- Launch the AuthorizationSummary.exe
- If a license exists for an ArcIMS Spatial Server, an entry with a feature name of 'arcimsserver' and a valid date of expiration is present.
If no entry for 'arcimsserver' is present, or the license has expired, contact ESRI Customer Service and request a new authorization file. See the link below in the Related Information section of this document.
- Once an .ecp file is recieved from Customer Service, re-enable the ArcIMS Spatial Server by running a custom ArcIMS Post Installation, and selecting 'ArcIMS Authorization Configuration'.
- ESRI Customer Service Product Registration
- Whitepaper Explaining ArcGIS 9.0 Product Licensing
- Why do I get a message that ArcIMS is not Authorized or licensed anymore?