Bug: Documents saved in 8.x with 'Same As Printer' setting change to the default printer or default page size when opened in 9.0
Map documents saved with the Page Setup option 'Same as Printer' enabled may experience problems when opening these documents in ArcMap 9.0. These problems may include:
- The page setting switching from the printer the map document is saved with to the default printer on the user's workstation.
- Scaling the entire map to the default printer's default page size if the 'Scale map elements...' was turned on when the map document was saved.
ArcMap 9.0 does not properly sense the version of the software the map document was saved in. ArcMap 9.0 has several improvements related to the handling of opening map documents with 'Same as Printer', or 'Use Printer Paper Settings' as it is referred to in 9.0. The software needs to properly switch between reading 8.x saved map documents and reading 9.0 saved map documents.
This is resolved in the 'Open-Map-Document' patch located by way of the Related Information link below.
Optionally, maps can be opened on a computer that does not have any printers installed or maps can be saved again in 8.x without the 'Same as Printer' setting.
- Delete all printers installed on the computer or open the map on a computer that has no printers installed.
To delete the installed printers:
1. Click Start > Control Panel > Printers and Faxes.
2. Select each printer and press the Delete key or right-click and select Delete.
- To remove the printer information from the map:
1. Start ArcMap 8.x.
2. Click File > Page Setup.
3. Click off the 'Same as Printer' option.
4. Click OK.
5. Click File > Save or Save As to resave the map.
Last Published : 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000006914