Error: Flexlm Error -14: cannot find server hostname in network database. Server name: Not_Set
When attempting to start ArcGIS Desktop or Workstation, the following error may occur:
"Flexlm Error -14: cannot find server hostname in network database. Server name: Not_Set"
When the product was initially installed, a license manager was not selected or the license manager selection was skipped. The desktop administrator entry was then set to Not_Set to denote that it is not set yet.
Solution or Workaround
Set the Desktop Administrator's 'License Manager' setting to the correct hostname of the license server.
- Determine the license manager computer's hostname by navigating to a command prompt by selecting Start > Run, type CMD, press Enter and type in the command HOSTNAME. This returns the hostname of the machine.
- Open Desktop Administrator on the client machine by way of Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator.
- Navigate to the License Manager folder in Desktop Administrator.
- Click 'Change' and type in the hostname obtained in Step 1.
- Click OK to finalize the changes.
- ArcMap.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows
- FLEXlm error: -14,7. System Error:11001 "WinSock: Host not found (HOST_NOT_FOUND)"