How To: Modify an address style to remove leading zeroes
Instructions provided describe how to modify an address style to remove leading zeroes. Some international address style files contain leading zeroes that may not appear in the address field of the table being geocoded. This can result in low or no match scores when geocoding.
- Close ArcMap and ArcCatalog.
- In Windows Explorer, navigate to the $ARCHOME/geocode directory.
- Open the DCT file that corresponds with the address style being used in a text editor.
- Change the HN key from N to NS.
HN N 10 S; House Number
HN NS 10 S; House Number
N indicates a numeric field that is right-justified and filled with leading blanks in the key. NS indicates that leading zeroes should be stripped from a numeric field.
- Save the changes to the DCT file.