Error: The edge cannot be modified. The endpoint of an edge cannot be modified if it is shared by other topology elements
When dragging the first or last vertex of a selected topology edge, the following error message is displayed:
"The edge cannot be modified. The endpoint of an edge cannot be modified if it is shared by other topology elements."
The first and last vertex of a selected topology edge must be edited as topology nodes.
Solution or Workaround
- Navigate to Editor > Options.
- Click the Topology tab.
- Check on the Unselected Nodes option to symbolize the topology nodes.
- Click Apply and OK to close the Options dialog box.
- Click the Topology Edit tool from the Topology toolbar.
- Select the topology node to edit. Holding the 'N' key while dragging a selection box with the Topology Edit tool restricts the selection to only topology nodes.
- Hover over the selected topology node until the cursor changes. Click and drag the topology node to the desired location.