How To: Check for installed ArcSDE Patches and Service Packs
Instructions provided describe the steps used to determine if ArcSDE patches or service packs have been installed on a Windows platform.
This article uses ArcSDE 8.3 Service Pack 1 as an example but the same steps are used to find other ArcSDE Patches and Service Packs.
- Navigate to http://support.esri.com > Software > ArcSDE > Patches and Service Packs > ArcSDE 8.3 Service Pack 1.
- Scroll down to: 'Files Installed in this Service Pack' to see the files that have been replaced for SQL Server. For example: gsrvrsql83.dll.
- Scroll down further to 'Identifying QFE files on your machine' near the bottom of the page to obtain the identification string for this Service Pack: QFE-SDE-83-CQ00207235.
- Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to:
- Right-click on 'gsrvrsql83.dll'.
- Select Properties > Version TAB > highlight Product Version. If the identification string matches the previously mentioned identification string (QFE-SDE-83-CQ00207235), then ArcSDE 8.3 Service Pack 1 is installed.