How To: Save a route and set of route stops to shapefiles
Instructions provided describe how to save a route and set of route stops to shapefiles. Route and route stops can be saved to separate shapefiles by using features in the Options tab of the Find Route dialog box in the 'Add Route To ArcMap As' section.
Follow these steps to save the route and route stops to a shapefile:
- Open ArcMap and connect to ArcWeb Services.
- Add data to the map, as necessary.
- Click Find Route on the ArcWeb toolbar.
The Find Route dialog box opens.
For 1.0 users, the Find Route tool is not available with the ArcWeb Sampler package.
- In the Stops tab, enter the desired route stops.
- Click the Options tab.
- Click the button next to the Shapefile option.
- Click the desired check boxes next to Route and Stops.
- Click the Open Folder icon and navigate to the desired location.
- Click the Find Route button at the bottom of the dialog box.
A prompt appears to add the shapefiles to the map. The shapefiles are saved in the indicated folder.