How To: Create an ArcIMS Map Service from a Map Configuration File that contains an image catalog
The following is a sample Map Configuration File (.axl) that contains an image catalog. An image catalog is a database file (.dbf) that references multiple images. It has five required fields, including the file path and the X,Y extents of each image.
- Create a folder at the C:\ root level called image_catalog.
- Download the sample data. Extract the contents of the WinZip file to C:\image_catalog.
This example will not work if the sample data are not located in C:\image_catalog.
- Using ArcIMS Administrator, create a new map service called img_cat.
- For Map File: browse to C:\image_catalog and select img_cat.axl.
- For Virtual Server: select ImageServer1.
- Click OK.
- If the service fails to add, recheck the previous steps.