How To: Install ColdFusion Connector with ArcIMS on Windows
Instructions provided describe how to install the ColdFusion Connector with ArcIMS.
To use the ColdFusion connector with ArcIMS, ColdFusion Server has to be installed. Another option is to install ColdFusion Studio and use the design-time elements of the ColdFusion Connector, but it is not necessary.
Supported versions are:
ColdFusion Server: Professional or Enterprise 4.5.1 or 5.0, and ColdFusion MX.
ColdFusion Studio: 4.5.1, 4.5.2 or 5.0.
See Macromedia ColdFusion for that product's download information.
Also know other supported versions of software to be installed with ArcIMS. Included at the bottom of this document are the supported versions of the J2SDK, Web Server, and Servlet Engine for specific platforms. It is a good idea to browse the Installation articles link to find installation instructions specific to your WebServer/Servlet Engine combination.
Here are the general steps to install ColdFusion connector:
- Install a supported Java 2 SDK.
- Install a supported Web Server.
- Install a supported Servlet Engine.
Test to verify that the Servlet Engine and Web Server are communicating properly. Tests are available in the online installation documents.
- Install a supported version of ColdFusion Server.
Follow the instructions in the ColdFusion setup wizard. Again, test to verify the ColdFusion Server works properly with the web server Before continuing. This can be done from the ColdFusion administration page. One can also configure ColdFusion Server for specific systems and needs at this time. Consult the ColdFusion Server documentation for specific instructions.
- Install ArcIMS.
Perform a custom installation, and be sure to check the "ColdFusion Connector" box under the "Application Server Connectors" section. In addition, it is a good idea to also install the ColdFusion samples and documentation. These options exist under the "Samples" and "Documentation" Component tree.
- Run the ArcIMS Post Installation.
- Configure the ColdFusion Connector.
See "ArcIMS Installation Guide": Installing ArcIMS Custom Application Server Connectors => ArcIMS ColdFusion Connector.
There is a link near the bottom of the page that references "ArcIMS ColdFusion Connector".
- It is a good idea to follow the instructions for setting up the ColdFusion Connector samples and the ColdFusion Template to verify that everything is working properly. The setup instructions will be under the ArcIMS install directory in the .../Samples/ColdFusion folder. If able to successfully set up and view the samples, then the connector is installed and running properly.