How To: Export Geodatabase Annotation to DXF format
Instructions provided describe a procedure for converting geodatabase annotation to DXF format. ArcGIS Desktop 8.x does not provide a direct conversion between these formats, but a conversion is possible using coverages as an intermediate format.
The following procedure requires an ArcInfo license.
- Start ArcCatalog.
- Navigate to the geodatabase annotation feature class to be converted.
- Right-click the feature class and select Export > Geodatabase to Coverage.
- Complete the dialog with an appropriate coverage and subclass name. Click OK.
- Exit ArcCatalog and start ArcToolbox.
- Select Conversion Tools > Export from Coverage > Coverage to DXF Wizard.
- Click the browse button next to the 'Input anno coverage' text box and browse to the coverage created in step 4.
- Specify an output DXF file name and location to export the coverage annotation to and click OK.