Error: Validate Topology failed. Spatial index does not exist
When Validating a Topology in an ArcSDE geodatabase, the following error can occur:
"Validate Topology failed.
A failure was detected inside the topology engine overlay processor. [error is: -214747259]
Spatial index does not exist"
One of the feature classes that participates in the Topology has a Spatial Index (Grid size) of -1.
This can result from:
- Deleting the index from within ArcCatalog or with the SDE commands;
- Copying a feature class with an invalid grid size (in releases prior to 9.2);
- Copying a feature class from an SDE geodatabase stored within an RDBMS that does not support Grids (in releases prior to 9.2).
Solution or Workaround
The Spatial Index for the feature class must be rebuilt.
- Determine the feature class(es) with an invalid index.
- In ArcCatalog, right-click on the feature class whose spatial index is to be modified.
- Click Properties.
- Click the Indexes tab.
- If there is already a spatial index, delete it. If there is no spatial index, skip to step 6.
- Click Delete.
- Click Add if you are using ArcGIS 9.1 or earlier.
Click Recalculate if you are using ArcGIS 9.2 or later and skip to step 9.
- Type in the new index parameters and click OK.
- Click OK to build the spatial index grid and close the dialog box.