How To: Add an ArcMap server to an existing ArcIMS site
Instructions provided describe two methods to manually create an ArcMap virtual server.
An ArcMap virtual server can be added manually to an existing ArcIMS installation using two methods. Use method one when there are ArcIMS map services, and use method two when there are no map services.
- Method one
1. Install ArcMap Server as described in the installation documentation on the CD.
2. Create two new Spatial Servers.
3. Create a new ArcMap virtual server.
4. Associate the newly created Spatial Servers to the ArcMap virtual server specifying one instance for each spatial server.
5. Save the site after these changes.
For help with adding new servers and new virtual servers, refer to ArcIMS Help and find the topics: "Managing Spatial Servers" and "Managing Virtual Server".
- Method two
Do not use method two if there are existing map services. Use method one instead.
1. Install ArcMap Server as described in the installation documentation within the CD.
2. Backup the site configuration file ...\ArcGIS\ArcIMS\AppServer\ArcIMSSite.sez by moving it to a safe location.
3. Remove ...\ArcGIS\ArcIMS\AppServer\ArcIMSSite.sez
4. Restart the ArcIMS services: AppServer, Monitor, and Tasker.
5. Open ArcIMS Administrator and verify that ArcMap virtual server and its Spatial Servers are listed.
6. Save the site configuration.
This will create a new ArcIMSSite.sez with ArcMap Server.
If there are problems after using method two, put the backup copy of ArcIMSSite.sez back into ...\ArcGIS\ArcIMS\AppServer\ArcIMSSite.sez and restart the ArcIMS Services to return to the original state.