Problem: Nothing displays in the data frame and the extents for the data frame are 1.#QNAN ?? for all four sides
Nothing displays in the data frame, and the extents for the data frame are 1.#QNAN ?? for all four sides.
One or more of the features of one or more of the shapefiles has either corrupt or no geometry information.
Solution or Workaround
Warning: This solution deletes features from the selected shapefile. Make a backup of this shapefile before proceeding.
- Add each shapefile to its own separate data frame.
- Use the sample code from the following article, How To: Use ArcObjects to get the x and y coordinates of points, polygon centroids, or line midpoints, to add the X & Y coordinates to the table and determine which features are corrupt.
Note: There should be a runtime error returned after using this new button. Just click End.
- Open the shapefile's table if it is not already open, and select the records which have X and Y coordinate values of 0.
- Select Start Editing from the Editor menu and set the target to the selected shapefile.
- Ensure that only records with X and Y values of 0 are selected, and press the delete key on the keyboard.
- Select the Stop Editing option under the Editor menu, and click Yes to save the changes.
- Delete the layer from the data frame and add it back.