How To: Create a scripts virtual directory in IIS
Instructions provided explain how to create a scripts virtual directory in IIS.
For ServletExec and JRun to function properly with IIS their .DLLs must be available in a virtual directory with execute permissions. The default location for both servlet engines is the Scripts directory.
- Create a new folder named Scripts under the existing IIS root directory for your Web site. The default location is C:\Inetpub.
- Start Internet Information Manager to configure IIS.
- Right-click the Default Website, select New, and Virtual Server.
If you have more than one Web site, you may want to add to another Web site other than the default Web site
- Type Scripts in the Alias text box.
- In the Directory field, browse to the directory that was found or created in Step 1 (c:\inetpub\scripts).
- Check the Read, Run Scripts, and Execute boxes on the Access Permissions dialog box.
By default, Execute is unchecked. If it is not checked, the ServletExec and JRun .DLLs will not work in this directory.