How To: Get ArcMap to display RASTERSYMBOLs from the ArcIMS service
This article applies when the ArcIMS service raster symbols, RASTERMARKERSYMBOL, RASTERFILLSYMBOL and RASTERSHIELDSYMBOL, don't display in ArcMap, but do display properly in all other clients.
When the service uses RASTERSYMBOL elements in a VALUEMAPRENDERER element, ArcMap may display everything but the raster symbols. This can be caused by a configuration setting of the servlet connector.
- Open the file Esrimap_prop in a text editor. The Esrimap_prop file should be located in a sub-directory of the servlet engine.
- Find the spatialServer.AllowResponsePath variable close to the bottom of the file and set it to true.
The spatialServer.AllowResponsePath property determines if the ArcXML responses (sent by the Spatial Server to the client) contain pathnames to images, raster symbols, and zip files. By setting this property to false, the pathnames are omitted from the responses. The URLs are unaffected. If the property is set to true, the pathnames are included in the response. This property only restricts pathnames in the following ArcXML responses:
- SERVICEINFO, RASTERMARKERSYMBOL image attribute
- SERVICEINFO, RASTERFILLSYMBOL image attribute
- SERVICEINFO, RASTERSHIELDSYMBOL image attribute
- IMAGE, LEGEND file attribute
- IMAGE, OUTPUT file attribute
- EXTRACT, OUTPUT, LAYOUT file attribute.
- Restart your servlet engine.