Error: Cannot rebuild network connectivity. The edge feature is missing either a from or to junction
While using the Rebuild Connectivity tool, an edge feature that intersects the area outlined for tool, is missing a 'from' or 'to' junction resulting in the error message:
"Cannot rebuild network connectivity. The edge feature is missing either a from or to junction"
Solution or Workaround
- Add the Delete Network Elements sample located under Editing > Working with Network Features. Instructions on how to use the command and add it to ArcMap are included with the sample. Make sure you register the dll before adding it to ArcMap.
- Once the command is added to ArcMap, select the edge that is missing one of its end junctions (now referred to as E1) and click the command. This deletes the feature's network elements that allows repairs to the edge feature's connectivity.
- Set snapping to snap to the Orphan junction feature class.
- Add a new orphan junction near the end of the edge of E1. The end point of E1 will be snapped to this new orphan junction. At this point, make note of the coordinates of the vertex that will be moved. After the edge feature's connectivity is repaired, the vertex can be moved back to its original position.
- Double click E1 so that you can modify its geometry. Move the vertex corresponding to the end point missing an orphan junction, so that it snaps to the orphan junction.
- Use the Rebuild Connectivity tool to rebuild the connectivity between the edge and junction.
- At this point the connectivity between the edge and junction features has been restored. The end point of the edge can now be moved back to its original position or the orphan junction can be subsumed by a user defined junction at the end of the edge.