Error: The authorization file selected is for a beta version of ArcView
While registering ArcView Single Use with the authorization file that was sent by e-mail, the following error message is displayed:
"The authorization file selected is for a Beta version of ArcView. Please select the correct authorization file."
The registration wizard was unable to read the contents of the authorization file.
- Navigate to Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator, select the Register ArcView and Extensions folder and then click the Register Now button.
- Select 'I have received an authorization file from ESRI and am now ready to finish the registration process' and click Next.
- Select 'I received the authorization file by fax, phone, or mail' and click Next.
- On the left pull down ArcView (Single Use) complete the information on the right.
See: How To: Manually enter ArcView Single Use registration information
The final screen verifies that you were successful but the authorized products window are blank.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2, returning to the 'Specify Authorization File' screen.
- Select 'I received the authorization file by e-mail and have saved it to disk' and click Browse.
- For ArcGIS 9.x
1. Browse to c:\Program Files\ESRI\License\SingleUser\SingleUser9x.
2. Highlight ViewerFX9.lic.
3. Click Open
4. Click Next.
For ArcGIS 8.x
1. Browse to C:\Program Files\ESRI\License\SingleUser.
2. Highlight ViewerFX.lic.
3. Click Open.
4. Click Next.
- The authorization window verifies that you are registered for (Product). Click Finish.
Last Published: 10/25/2016
Article ID: 000005496
Software: ArcGIS-ArcInfo 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0 ArcGIS-ArcView 9.3.1, 9.3, 9.2, 9.1, 9.0, 8.3, 8.2, 8.1.2, 8.1 More Products legacy.products