Error: Internal Error 2103
While attempting to install ArcGIS Desktop 8.x the following error is returned:
"Internal Error 2103: Please contact product support for assistance."
The following registry key is missing or damaged:
Solution or Workaround
Download and install the latest Windows Installer and rerun the installation. If that does not resolve the error, see below.
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.
- Navigate to Start > Run, type regedit and click OK.
- Expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders.
- Right-click on Shell Folders > New > Key.
- Type 'Common Startup' in the box that is created and then press Enter.
- Double-click the new key (it may be 'Default' or 'Common Startup') and type the following in the Value Data box:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Reboot the computer and rerun the isntallation.
- Microsoft Support - Internal Error 2103
- Installer Error: Internal Error
- Modify permissions to registry keys