How To: Install a USB hardware key
Instructions provided describe how to install a USB hardware key.
The USB hardware key cannot be used on Windows NT 4.0 systems, as Windows NT does not support USB devices.
Before installing the USB hardware key, verify that the ArcGIS/ESRI License Manager is properly installed.
- Remove the current version of the Sentinel System Driver by clicking Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs. Find 'Sentinel System Driver' and hit Remove.
- Using the link in Related Information, download the Sentinel Driver, and save it to disk.
- Unplug the USB hardware key.
- Locate and click the downloaded executable.
Be certain that the USB key is still unplugged.
- Select a custom install during the install process, and unselect 'Sentinel Protection Server', which is not required for ESRI products.
- When the install is complete, reboot the computer.
- When the reboot is complete, plug in the USB hardware key.
- For ArcGIS 8.x, navigate to Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Manager Tools.
For ArcGIS 9.x, navigate to Start > Programs > ArcGIS > License Manager > License Manager 9x > License Manager Tools.
- In the LMTOOLS GUI, click the radio button next to 'Configuration using Services'.
For ArcGIS 8.x, ensure that ESRI License Manager is highlighted.
For ArcGIS 9.x, ensure that ArcGIS License Manager is highlighted.
- Click the Start/Stop/Reread tab.
- Click the Stop Server button to stop the License Manager.
- Click the Start Server button to restart the License Manager.
- Sentinel Driver version 7.4.2
- Install the 9.x ArcGIS License Manager and the 8.x ESRI License Manager on one Windows machine