Problem: Developer samples not available after installation
After installing an ArcObjects developer sample, the sample is not available.
The sample is not correctly registered, or categories are missing from Categories.exe.
Solution or Workaround
Warning: The instructions below include making changes to essential parts of your operating system. It is recommended that you backup your operating system and files, including the registry, before proceeding. Consult with a qualified computer systems professional, if necessary. Esri cannot guarantee results from incorrect modifications while following these instructions; therefore, use caution and proceed at your own risk.The instructions provided below describe possible solutions to make the sample available.
- Make sure the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) is registered.
- Open Windows Explorer and use the Find tool to search for regsvr32.exe.
- Drag the DLL to regsvr32.exe.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to arcgis > arcexe81 > ArcObjects Developer Kit > Utilities.
- Double-click register_in_menu.reg. This adds registration tools to the right-click menu.
- Right-click the DLL and select Register.
- ArcObjects Online (Version 8.3)
- ArcGIS 9.2 Library
- ArcGIS 8.x Fix Registry Utility
- ArcGIS 9.0 Fix Registry Utility
- ArcGIS 9.1 Fix Registry Utility
- ArcGIS 9.2 Fix Registry Utility
- ArcGIS 9.3 Fix Registry Utility