How To: Uninstall ArcMap Server using ArcIMS 4.0
The uninstall dialog box for ArcIMS 4.0 on Windows does not offer an option to specifically uninstall the ArcMap Server component. As a result, you will need to uninstall the ArcIMS Spatial Server component to remove the ArcMap Server component. You can then reinstall the ArcIMS Spatial Server, if necessary.
Please note that when installing ArcIMS 4.0 on Windows, the dialog box contains separate entries for ArcIMS Spatial Server and ArcMap Server; therefore, you can choose not to install ArcMap Server.
The steps below can be used to uninstall the ArcMap Server component and retain the Spatial Server component.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.
- Select ESRI ArcIMS 4.0 and click the Change/Remove button.
- The ArcIMS 4.0 Uninstall dialog box should appear. Make sure that the Spatial Server checkbox is the only selected component and click Uninstall.
- After the uninstall has completed, start the ArcIMS 4.0 installation by inserting the ArcIMS 4.0 for Windows CD into the CDROM and executing the ArcIMS40Setup.exe.
- Select a custom installation and click Next.
- Check only the Spatial Server checkbox and complete the installation.
For more information on installation of ArcIMS components, see "ArcIMS Installation Guide".