Error: Unable to determine Library Access!
The Map Librarian LIBRARY command does not connect properly to a library file (in this case trying to access 'statelib'), and returns the following error:
Arc: librarian Librarian: library statelib Unable to determine Library Access! Librarian:
Here are three possible causes:
- The LIBRARIES file LOCATION item points to an invalid path
- Necessary database directories or read access permissions are missing
- Necessary INFO files do not exist
Solution or Workaround
- Verify the LOCATION item is set to a valid directory location.
See: How To: Set the path for the LIBRARIES file LOCATION itemThis article shows how to set the LOCATION item.
- Make sure the ...\database and ...\database\access directories exist and have read access.
- Check the ...\database\info and ...\database\access directories to make sure they contain either the arcdr9 or arc.dir file.