Problem: Cannot install Samples on Solaris
The ArcInfo installation program does not have the option for installing Samples on Solaris.
The samples directory is missing from the Sun Solaris CD.
Solution or Workaround
The samples directory is the same for all UNIX platforms so follow the steps below using the Sun Solaris installation program to install the samples directory from any other UNIX CD.
- Place the ArcInfo Workstation 8.1.2 for Sun Solaris CD into the CD–ROM drive
- Log into the Sun machine.
- Copy the install executable from the Sun Solaris CD to the local disk by typing:
cp /cdrom/cdrom0/install .
- Eject the Sun Solaris CD by typing:
- Replace the Sun Solaris CD with an ArcInfo 8.1.2 CD from another UNIX platform (HP, IBM, SGI or TRU64).
- Run the Sun Solaris install program from your local disk by typing:
- Follow the on screen directions as normal.