Error: EditContacts Error: 76 Path not found
Clicking the Edit Contacts button on the Metadata author, Point of contact, and Distributor pages in the ISO metadata editor causes the following error:
Path not found
This error may also be encountered by double-clicking the ISOEditContacts.exe in the arcexe82\Metadata\ISOWizard folder. The Edit ISO Contacts application is used to modify the contents of the ISO metadata editor's contacts database.
The ISO contacts database resides in the current user's Application Data directory. The Edit ISO Contacts application currently requires the APPDATA environment variable to obtain the directory's location rather than using the computer's registry. The APPDATA environment variable is present by default on Windows 2000 and XP, but not Windows NT.
Solution or Workaround
The workaround for this problem is to add APPDATA as a user environment variable. User environment variables are unique to every user, while system environment variables remain the same for every user.
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, double-click System.
- In the System Properties dialog box, click the Environment tab.
- Click a variable in the User Variables list.
- In the Variable text box, type APPDATA.
- In the Value text box type %UserProfile%\Application Data.
- Click Set and Apply.
The APPDATA variable appears in the User Variables list. The value in the list is appropriate for the current user; for example, if you were logged in as "jane" the value would be "C:\WINNT\Profiles\jane\Application Data".
- Click OK.
- Component 'MSADODC.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
- Component 'MSDATGRD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid