How To: Clip a grid with another theme's extent
The steps below can be used in ArcView GIS 3.x to clip a grid with another theme's extent. The theme being clipped can be from any data source, such as anything on a map. ArcView Spatial Analyst extension is required.
- In a view, add or create the desired theme and the desired grid.
- From the Analysis menu, select Properties.
- From the Analysis Extent dropdown list, select the theme that you added or created in step 1.
- Click OK to exit the Properties dialog box.
- Return to the Analysis menu and select Map Calculator.
- Double-click on the grid used in step 1 to add it to the expression box.
- Click Evaluate. The results will be added to the Table of Contents.
- If you approve of the results, make the grid permanent by selecting Save Data Set.