How To: Rotate annotation elements with a user-specified angle
This document describes how to rotate annotation elements with a user-specified angle.
This procedure applies to two types of annotation: Annotation stored in a geodatabase feature class, and annotation stored within an MXD as graphics. If the annotation to be edited is stored as graphics, proceed to step 3.
- With ArcMap open, add an annotation feature class to a data frame.
- On the Editor toolbar, select Editor > Start Editing.
- On the Drawing toolbar, select Drawing > Active Annotation Target, and select the correct annotation layer to edit.
- Using the Select Elements tool, click on the annotation element to rotate.
- Select the Rotate tool from the Drawing toolbar.
- Press the Shift + A keys to display the angle input box.
- Enter the angle.
The angle value must be a positive number. Negative values may cause display anomolies.
- Press Enter.