Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
The message "Add Virtual Server failed" is received when trying to add an ImageServer-ArcMap1 virtual server.
The following may cause ArcIMS to return this error message:
1. The server check box was not marked in the right pane of the New Virtual Server dialog box.
2. The ArcIMS Monitor service has stopped.
3. ArcMap Server is unavailable (this may be due to a problem with the license configuration).
To troubleshoot this, you will want to create an AppServer log file. To create the log file you need to:
1. Stop ArcIMS.
2. Open the appserver.properties file (<ArcIMS Installation>/AppServer/) and set debug = true and logtofiles = true.
3. Restart ArcIMS.
4. Try to add a new ImageServerArcMap virtual server.
5. Open the AppServer log file (created under <ArcIMS Installation>/AppServer/log/).