Error: Error when trying to administer Service
When adding an ArcMap Service, ArcIMS returns this message:
“Error when trying to administer Service.”
The following may cause ArcIMS to return this message:
1. The monitor is not running when you try to add an ArcMap Service.
2. The License Server is unavailable.
ArcMap Server requires a license. In this case, ArcIMS uses the same FlexLM License Manager used by ArcGIS products. For information on the license go to <ArcIMS CD>\Documentation\LicenseManagerGuide.htm .
3. The map document you are trying to serve contains customization.
Solution or Workaround
- Check the Windows Task Manager to see if AIMS_M~1.exe (Monitor) is running. If it is not, you will need to restart it.
- Check to see if the License Server is running. If it is not, you will need to restart it.
- If your map document has customization, you will need to copy and register as needed the appropriate DLLs and other files, such as fonts, on the server machine.
- Unable to create an ArcMap Service
- Switch license servers for ArcIMS ArcMap Server
- Creating an ArcMap Image service returns an error