Problem: Exporting from ArcMap causes a blue screen system crash
Exporting to any format from ArcMap causes an immediate blue screen system crash.
Incorrect system settings or drivers.
Solution or Workaround
The following are possible solutions listed in order of probability.
- Increase the amount of Virtual Memory.
For help with changing virtual memory settings, see: How To: Change the operating system's virtual memory settings.
- Change the user variables TEMP and TMP to short paths with no spaces; for example, C:\TEMP.
For help with setting a system environment variable, see: How To: Edit an environment variable.
Note: Make sure the TEMP folder exists on the drive and there is plenty of free space available on that drive.
- Download and install the latest driver for the graphics card from the manufacturer's Web site.
- Uninstall the 3D Analyst extension.
For help with uninstalling an ArcGIS Desktop extension, see: How To: Uninstall an extension to ArcGIS Desktop
If exporting can now be done, the problem is the graphics card.
Note: 3D Analyst requires an OpenGL graphics.
- Perform a clean reinstall of ArcGIS.
- Reapply or upgrade to the latest Service Pack for the Windows operating system. See the Microsoft link in Related Information section below.