How To: Work in a multiple layout environment in ArcGIS
This document describes how to simulate a multiple layout environment in ArcMap by creating a template for each layout.
- Click File > Save As to bring up the Save As dialog box.
- Select ArcMap Templates (*.mxt) from the 'Save as type' drop down menu.
- Click on the Change Layout tool on the layout toolbar.
- Browse to the map template to use.
This will apply the layout elements from the template to the current layout.
- Transition from multiple layout documents in ArcView GIS to single page map documents in ArcMap
- Can ArcMap have multiple layout views?
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000004974