Problem: Problems registering ArcView Single Use after entering information by fax
After completing the registration by fax, the ArcView Registration Wizard reports that ArcView (Single Use) has been authorized and is now ready for use. However, when attempting to start ArcMap, ArcCatalog, or ArcToolbox, a registration error is reported stating ArcView is not registered for use.
Faxed authorization file fails to initialize the software.
Solution or Workaround
- Start the Desktop Administrator. Start > Programs > ArcGIS > Desktop Administrator
- Select the Register ArcView and Extensions folder and click Register Now...
- Select 'I have received an authorization file from ESRI and am now ready to finish the registration process' and click Next.
- Select 'I received the authorization file by email and have saved it to disk.'
- Click Browse; navigate to C:\Programs Files\ESRI\License\Singleuser\ViewerFX.lic, click Open, and Next.
To register an ArcView extension, browse to its registration file:
3D Analyst - TINFX.lic
Arcpress - ArcPressFX.lic
Geostatistical Analyst - GeoStatsFX.lic
Spatial Analyst - GridFX.lic
StreetMap - StreetMapFX.lic
MrSID Encoder - MrSIDFX.lic
- Click Finish to complete the registration process.