How To: Project a multiband image with ArcGIS and Spatial Analyst
Contained in this document are the steps necessary to reproject multiband images with ArcGIS 8.1.2 and Spatial Analyst; an ArcInfo license is required.
If the image is a single band image, skip Steps 3 and 4.
- Use ArcCatalog to convert the images to a grid.
A. Right-click on the raster layer and select Export > Raster to Different Format.
B. Select ESRI Grid from the 'Save as type' drop-down list. A grid will be created for each band in the imagery.
- Use the Project Wizard (coverages, grids) in ArcToolbox to reproject each grid.
- Add each grid to ArcMap.
- Open the Raster Calculator and use the following syntax:
MAKESTACK <outgrid> <grid1> <grid2> <grid3>
Do not include a comma between input grids. Also, the MAKESTACK syntax for the Raster Calculator has changed slightly from version-to-version. Please see the Related Information for more information.
- Use ArcCatalog to find the new ESRI grid stack.
A. Right-click the grid stack and select Export > Raster to Different Format.
B. Select a format.
C. Export the file.
- What is the syntax for the MAKESTACK command in the Raster Calculator?
- Technical articles concerning projecting raster data in ArcGIS