How To: Change the background color of the map in an HTML viewer
These directions comprise one method of changing the background color of the map within an HTML viewer. The background color of the overview map will also be set.
Alternatively, you can set the background color of the MapService itself by using the <BACKGROUND> ArcXML element within the map configuration file.
- Locate the arcIMSparam.js file within your HTML Web site's folder. (In a typical default installation of ArcIMS, this file is located at C:\ArcIMS\Website\<name of the HTML Web site>.)
- Open the arcIMSparam.js file in a text editor such as Wordpad.
- Search for a variable named mapBackColor. Type in an RGB string for the value of this variable. For example:
- Save the arcIMSparam.js file.
- Open the Web site (a complete refresh of your browser may be necessary). The viewer should now reflect the change.
Last Modified: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000004844
Software: ArcIMS 3.1, 4.0