How To: Convert lower case words to upper case in a string field
The Ucase request can be used to change all characters in a string field to upper case.
- Open the table.
- Select Start Editing from the Table menu.
- Select the field heading of the field to be changed to upper case.
- Click the Field Calculator button.
- Double-click the field name to convert from the Fields list.
- Scroll down the Requests list and double-click on Ucase.
- Click OK.
The final expression should look similar to the following:
- Select Stop Editing from the Table menu.
- Save your edits when prompted.
Last Published: 3/11/2019
Article ID: 000004827
Software: ArcView GIS 3.2a, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0b, 3.0a, 3.0 Legacy Products