How To: Convert upper case words to lower case in a string field
You can use the Lcase request to change all characters in a string field to lower case.
- Open the table.
- Select Start Editing from the Table menu.
- Select the field heading of the field that you want to change to lower case.
- Click the Field Calculator button.
- Double-click the field name to convert from the Fields list.
- Scroll down the Requests list and double-click Lcase.
- Click OK.
The final expression should look similar to this:
- Select Stop Editing from the Table menu.
- Save your Edits when prompted.
Last Published: 5/5/2016
Article ID: 000004822
Software: ArcView GIS 3.2a, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0b, 3.0a, 3.0