Is This Content Helpful?
We're glad to know this article was helpful.
The default initial map tool in the HTML Viewer is the Zoom In tool. Follow these steps to change the default setting from Zoom In to another initial map tool.
1. Open HTML Viewer ArcIMSParam.js file from any development or text editor.
2. Find the following line of code:
var useReverseGeocode = false;
3. Immediately follow with this line of code:
var defaultMapTool = "identify";
The string "identify" can be changed to any of the map tool names shown below:
4. Find the following line of code:
if (aimsClickPresent) clickFunction("zoomin");
5. Replace the line of code with the following line of code:
if (aimsClickPresent) clickFunction(defaultMapTool);
6. Save the file. Clear the browser's cache
<a href='https://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/14652' target='_blank'>How To: Clear your browser's cache</a> and reload the HTML Viewer.